Your student is ready for 3rd Step Pt. 2 if they have mastered all of the previously listed skills, as well as:
- mastered “qu”
- “ ’c’ followed by ‘e, i or y’ ” practice.
- “vowel, consonant + e” practice.
- all vowels long and short sounds and their common spellings (there are about 60!).
- spelling at a level of at least Grade 2 mastery.
- *Listen /say is the concept of auditory processing (without visualization). The teacher says the word, the student listens, and is then able to say each sound in the word, as well as pick them out visually (spell).
Note: If your student is starting 3rd Step Pt. 2 with no prior JoyFully Read!™ instruction, you must purchase the green 3rd Step Pt.1 sound cards as well.
3rd Step Part 2 Student Kit includes:
- JoyFully Read! Pouch
- Common English Code Flashcards (Orange)
- Phenomenal Fox Poster
- JoyFully Read! Carrying Bag
3rd Step Part 2 Teacher Kit includes:
- 3rd Step Part 2 Training Video Download
- JoyFully Read! Parent Binder
- Teaching Tips
- 3rd Step Part 2 Lesson Plans & Answers
- Website Membership for 3rd Step Part 2 videos, games ideas, and more
- Beat Reminders Poster