Your student should work in the 1st Step if they:
- are just beginning their reading experience.
- have not mastered the entire alphabet letter sounds (knowledge of letter names doesn’t matter at this point).
- have not mastered basic blending.
- have not mastered basic segmenting.
- have not mastered the *listen/say process (*auditory processing).
- need introduction/a great deal of practice on writing individual letters.
1st Step Student Kit includes:
- JoyFully Read! Pouch
- Sound Flashcards
- Sound Gard Game
- Music CD
- JoyFully Read! Carrying Bag
1st Step Teacher Kit includes:
- 1st Step Training Video Download
- JoyFully Read! Parent Binder
- Teaching Tips
- 1st Step Lesson Plans & Answers
- Website Membership for 1st Step videos, games ideas, and more
- Rainbow Reading Poster