Your student is ready for 2nd Step if they:
- have mastered all basic letter sounds (knowledge of letter names doesn’t matter at this point).
- have mastered the blending process in simple 3 letter words.
- have mastered the segmentation process in simple 3 letter words.
- show readiness for weekly “spelling lists/tests”.
- can write their letters satisfactorily.
- do well with the *listen/say process.
- need sight word knowledge up to K Level lists.
2nd Step Student Kit includes:
- JoyFully Read! Pouch
- Letter Flashcards
- Sound Gard Game
- Music CD
- JoyFully Read! Carrying Bag
2nd Step Teacher Kit includes:
- 2nd Step Training Video Download
- JoyFully Read! Parent Binder
- Teaching Tips
- 2nd Step Lesson Plans & Answers
- Website Membership for 2nd Step videos, games ideas, and more
- Windy Tongue/Tickle Tong Poster