1st Step Word Build Game
- Vowels in 1 pile
- Consonants in another
- Masking tape with beginning, middle & ending sound dots. (We like to wear our special “builder” hat.)
- Choose 1 vowel for the middle
- Choose 2 consonants. 1 for the beginning sound dot & one for the ending sound dot.
- The person who builds the word passes the “building hat” on to the person who rainbow read the word to be the next builder, and so on. (Can be done individually with some type of reward after each word is rainbow read.)
- 10-15 minutes of this game & you’ve got yourself a happy builder/rainbow read JoyFully Reader!